Q: I need a CPA, and I also need to create estate documents and open trusts. Can you help?

A: Yes, we can definitely assist you. We will work with your existing professional advisors or help you build a team of advisors so that your documents are created properly and thoroughly. This includes developing tax strategies that protect your assets. Call our office to schedule an appointment.

Q: What should I bring with me to my first meeting?

A: In order to have the most productive meeting, it is ideal if you bring copies of the most recent tax returns you wish to discuss, along with any existing wills and trusts you have.

Q: Will the information I share be treated confidentially?

A: Absolutely. All information you share with any member of our firm is treated with the utmost confidentiality. We never share your information without first requesting your approval.  If and when it becomes necessary to share any of your information outside of the firm (perhaps with a governmental agency, your banker, your lawyer, etc.), we use an encrypted client portal and secure email transferring system.

Q: I have received a letter from the IRS (or some other tax agency). What do I do now?

A: Call our office for a free consultation. Should you decide to retain our services, we can provide you peace of mind by handling every aspect of your communication with any tax agency. This includes personally representing you at tax agency meetings, should that become necessary.

Q: My estate needs updating, but I have so many professional advisors. I would like someone to coordinate all of this for me. Can you help?

A: Yes. We will work with your existing team of professional advisors if you already have one. If you wish to build a team of professional advisors, we can suggest professionals with whom we’ve worked for many years. Once in place, we will coordinate everyone’s efforts on your behalf. This includes our regular updates, so that you are not bombarded by numerous professionals.

Q: My father died two years ago, and my mother just passed away. She had a large estate. What should I do?

A: Call our office and ask for a complimentary meeting, with no obligation. We will assess all aspects of your situation and help guide you along the way during this difficult time. There are many important things to consider and decisions to make.

Q: I moved to the United States from another country. I want to do business in the United States. Do you handle these types of clients?

A: Yes. We will work closely with your wealth management team and attorneys to structure your interests to your best advantage. We can assist by working with your immigration attorney, obtaining your Taxpayer Identification Number until you have a Social Security Number, collaborating with your foreign accounting professionals in order to obtain necessary tax information, ensuring that you properly report and file the required foreign tax reports, and much more.

Q: My bookkeeping methods need improvement. Can you help?

A: Yes again. We provide in-house bookkeeping and bill pay services. We also have outside bookkeeping referrals which we can provide to you should you need onsite services.

Q: My small company needs payroll assistance. Where shall I go?

A: We offer payroll assistance in-house as well as outside referrals. Just give us a call.

Q: How do I access my records in the client portal? How does it work in general?

A: Accessing your records through our client portal is a cinch. One of our office professionals will work with you to set up the portal and explain how to use it.

Brannen Shirley LLP
3579 Valley Centre Drive, Suite 125
San Diego, CA 92130
Phone: (858) 794-2800
Fax: (858) 794-2899